Moon landing anniversary: 10 reasons the Apollo landings were ‘faked’
Below is a list of ten of the most popular reasons given by conspiracy theorists who believe the Apollo Moon landings that began 40 years ago were faked.
1) When the astronauts are putting up the American flag it waves. There is no wind on the Moon.
2) No stars are visible in the pictures taken by theApollo astronauts from the surface of the Moon.
3) No blast crater is visible in the pictures taken of the lunar landing module.
4) The landing module weighs 17 tons and yet sits on top of the sand making no impression. Next to it astronauts’ footprints can be seen in the sand.
5) The footprints in the fine lunar dust, with no moisture or atmosphere or strong gravity, are unexpectedly well preserved, as if made in wet sand.
6) When the landing module takes off from the Moon’s surface there is no visible flame from the rocket.
7) If you speed up the film of the astronauts walking on the Moon’s surface they look like they were filmed on Earth and slowed down.
8) The astronauts could not have survived the trip because of exposure to radiation from the Van Allen radiation belt.
9) The rocks brought back from the Moon are identical to rocks collected by scientific expeditions to Antarctica.
10) All six Moon landings happened during the Nixon administration. No other national leader has claimed to have landed astronauts on the Moon, despite 40 years of rapid technological development.
What do you think? Were the Moon landings faked? What evidence is there to support or defend your view?